Make a Thumb Piano
1x4s or 2x4s cut into 4" or 5" lengths
colored masking tape
large bobby pins (straightened and cut to different lengths)
1) Glue two crafts sticks onto board securing with a rubber band (diag.A).
2) While the glue is drying decorate the board with colored masking
3) Tape four bobby pins of different lengths onto the crafts sticks
4) Glue two more crafts sticks on top of the taped bobby pins and
secure with rubber band (diag.C).
5) Push colored push pins through both sets of crafts sticks and into
the board to hold the bobby pins tight so they will make a good sound
6) After the glue has dried, bend each bobby pin up to about a 45
degree angle so you can thumb them with you thumbs.
If you put you thumb piano against other things such as a table or
another instrument, the sound will be louder. See what makes the best
Copyright © 2000 Satisfied Mind