Make a Rainstick
Cardboard tube (from paper towels, wrapping paper, fabric, mailing)
straight pins (for thin tubes like paper towel or wrapping paper)
nails (for thick tubes - nails should be shorter than the diameter of the tube)
popcorn, seeds, beads for filling
hammer (if using nails)
materials for decorating the outside (fabric, colored masking tape, papier mache, paint)
1) Insert pins or nails into the side of the tube in a spiral pattern. Cover the nail or pin heads with tape to keep them in place.
2) Close off one end by taping on a circular piece of cardboard.
3) Pour in filling (Try different ingredients for different sounds)
4) Close off the other end of the tube.
5) Decorate the outside of the tube with colored tape, fabric, markers, paint or papier mache.
Copyright © 2000 Satisfied Mind