Make a Drum
Make a Frame Drum with a Paper Head
something to use for the frame (tin can, carpet tube, ceramic pot, wooden frame)
parchment paper bigger than the diameter of the frame
paint, markers or colored tape to decorate the drum
wooden dowel and beads for drum sticks
1) Cut eight sheets of parchment paper 1" larger in diameter than the drum frame.
2) Apply a thin even layer of glue to one sheet of paper. Make sure glue covers the entire paper. Place the next sheet on top and repeat the gluing procedure until all eight sheets have been glued on.
3) Center drum frame on the glued together parchment paper (drum head) and glue it on. Use rubber bands to secure it while it dries.
4) optional: Glue colored tissue paper on the drum head and decorate the frame.
5) Allow to dry overnight before playing.
6) Drum sticks can be made from wooden dowels with beads glued on the end.